How to make Veg Pizza at home from scratch without using Yeast
Pizza, a savoury dish from Italy is worldwide famous among all the age groups. It is loved by one and all and what better than if it is homemade, baked with love; and of course the ingredients too (:D). It generally uses yeast in the base which gives it a good rise. But not all are comfortable using it and sometimes it is unavailable when we want to use it. So, I thought of trying Pizza at the comfort of our home but without yeast. This recipe uses most of our choicest ingredients like sweet corn, capsicum, onion, and of course Paneer as well. How can we leave Paneer, also called Indian Cottage Cheese which is made with curdled milk. You can also use babycorns, mushrooms, or olives as per your liking. So, without taking much of your time anymore, let’s go rolling….err baking 🙂
For the Dough:
- All-Purpose Flour(Maida) 1 cup
- Fresh Yogurt 3 tbsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp(or as per your taste)
- Sugar ½ tsp(or as per your taste)
- Baking Powder 1 tsp
- Baking Soda ¼ tsp
- Dry flour to roll the pizza base, or maize flour or semolina
- Lukewarm water to knead the dough 2 tbsp or as per need
For the Toppings:
- Paneer 100 gm cut in cubes
- Tomato 1 large, sliced
- Capsicum 1 medium, sliced
- Onion 1 large, sliced
- Sweet corn kernels 50 gm
>>>I have used frozen, boiled!
- Green chilli 1 small **
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp **
- Salt 1 tsp(or as per your taste)
- Turmeric powder ( Haldi) ¼ tsp
- Garam Masala ½ tsp
- Garlic Powder ½ tsp(optional; you can also use fresh ginger garlic paste)
- Olive Oil/Mustard Oil 1 tbsp
Note:** You can increase/decrease or skip the chillies (red/green) as per your spice level. We as a family love spicy food, especially when it’s Pizza. After all, Pizza is bae 🙂
For Pizza Assembling:
- Pizza Sauce 2 tbsp
- Mozzarella Cheese grated 150 gm
- Red chilli flakes 1 tsp
- Pizza Seasoning 2 tsp
The Pizza Base
- In a large mixing bowl, combine maida, salt, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Mix it well.
- Add fresh yogurt and with the help of lukewarm water, start kneading until you get a soft dough. Use oil to smoothen it out. On an average, it will take 5-7 minutes to knead a soft, smooth and pliable dough.
- Cover and let the dough rest for sometime. Ideally, let it rest for 1 hr. If running short of time, then 15 minutes is sufficient.
- Once the resting time is over and you are ready with your toppings(Read Below); divide the dough into two equal parts. Dust some dry flour on the rolling board and on the dough. Start rolling each portion of the dough into a round pizza base depending on your pizza tray size. Use dry flour as and when required.
In a large mixing bowl, take all the veggies and paneer, add in all the spices, salt, oil and give it a good mix so that it is well coated with spice mix.
Here you have two options:
- Grease a non-stick pan with some oil, and stir fry the veggie spice mix on high flame for 2 minutes. OR
- Let them be as it is and allow it to bake along with the pizza base. I opted for this step.
Put your oven to preheat @ 200 deg C and in the meantime assemble your pizza.
- Place the rolled dough made in point 4 above on a cake tin base and make some holes on it using a fork. This ensures that the pizza doesn’t puff up unevenly. Spread some oil over it evenly followed by a thin uniform layer of pizza sauce.
- Now spread the grated cheese all over the pizza sauce.
- Spread a uniform layer of toppings over it. Sprinkle some chili flakes and pizza seasoning.
- Add some more grated cheese.
- Place the baking tray in the preheated oven at 200 degrees C and set the timer to 15 minutes. Allow the pizza to bake aptly. After 12 minutes, check if the pizza is still not brown from the edges or the cheese hasn’t melted completely; then let it bake for 2 to 3 minutes more. It depends on the individual oven type. Some may take less time, some may take more. So keep an eye on the pizza else it may get burnt.
Now your pizza is ready to be served. Sprinkle some chili flakes and pizza seasoning if you like.
Looks so yummy, isn’t it !!!
Slice the pizza, and serve it hot.
Enjoy the virtual treat! Drop-in your thoughts on this recipe. I would love to know. Also, let me know if you try this recipe out. Happy Baking !!