Eggless Chocolate Walnut Brownies | Best Whole Wheat Chocolate Brownie
How to make an Eggless Whole Wheat Chocolate Walnut Brownie
Raise your hands if you like Brownies !! Well..in my case.. I Love Them < The moment I had started baking, those basic sponges and Tea Time Cakes. Brownies were in my To-Do List. So what’s better than an Eggless Chocolate Walnut Brownie..loaded with Chocolate flavour, combined with the goodness of real Walnuts and Choco Chips sprinkled all over…. It tastes heavenly 🙂 I can already feel it.
Eat it warm, with a drizzle of Chocolate Sauce or laden with a dollop of Vanilla Icecream, it for sure is a Showstopper!
I always try to indulge in healthy baking. So I have replaced All Purpose Flour with Whole Wheat Flour. Also as the key ingredient got changed, the original recipe is also tweaked here and there to get the desired effect.
Key Points to Remember:
- I have replaced All-Purpose Flour and used Whole Wheat Flour instead. Since the latter one is dense in nature so we have to use some ingredients which are otherwise not required in a Brownie. Replaced White Sugar with Brown Sugar.
- I have also replaced Butter with Olive Oil keeping health in mind. Most of the recipes start with mixing Butter with Dark Chocolate. I went ahead with Cocoa Powder. Pretty much satisfied with the results as I had happy faces surrounding me 🙂
- Most of the recipes only use Baking Powder, but I have also used Baking Soda(a little) in combination to give some lift to the otherwise dense batter.
- Baking Soda step is totally optional if you want to follow the authentic way.
- Please ensure not to over mix the batter as it will incorporate more air into it.
- I preferably use a manual whisk instead of Electrical one so as to avoid over mixing.
- Whole Wheat Flour 3 cups
- Powdered Brown Sugar 1 and 3/4 cups
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder 1 tbsp
- Baking Powder 2 tsp
- Baking Soda 1 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Chopped Walnuts 1 cup
- Choco Chips ½ cup
- Spare Choco Chips and Walnuts for garnishing
- Olive Oil/Vegetable Oil/Melted Butter 1 cup (I have used olive oil to make it more healthy)
- Curd 1 cup
- Milk 1.5 cups (If making the same recipe with APF use milk only 1 cup)
- Vanilla Essence 1 tsp
Brush your baking tin with oil and dust with flour and preheat the oven at 180 deg C.
- Sift together flour and brown sugar; add salt and give it a mix.
- Coat the chopped walnuts and choco-chips with this dry mix and leave it aside.
- In the remaining batter gently add oil and start mixing. Don’t swirl; rather start with the cut and fold method.
- Now add curd to it…mix followed by milk. Add milk slowly and keep mixing until you get a smooth batter. You might need to add some more milk. Please judge and add accordingly. It should neither be too runny nor too thick.
- Add to it Baking Powder and Baking Soda and give it a mix. Be gentle. Don’t overbeat the batter.
- Now add Vanilla Essence and the Walnuts Choco Chips coated with flour and give it a gentle folding.
- Pour the batter into the greased tin. Sprinkle some more walnuts and choco chips and pat it twice to remove air bubbles if any.
- Bake it for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Once done, allow it to cool completely.
- Cut in squares and enjoy it with hot chocolate sauce or Icecream.
We enjoyed it with Hot Chocolate Sauce. These can be easily stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 to 10 days. Use as per requirement..just microwave it for 30 seconds and they are good to be eaten.
I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed making it. Please let me know your valuable feedback. If you try it, please let me know.
Keep Cooking and Sharing Happiness 🙂