Eggless Banana Walnut Cake | Easy, Moist and Vegan Banana Walnut Cake
How to make Eggless Cake with ripe Bananas and Walnut Toppings at home
Banana Walnut Cake is an easy to make moist and fluffy Banana Cake enriched with the nutty taste of walnuts and a hint of cinnamon. Oooo I just love the aroma whenever I am baking this cake at home. It can be topped with rich cream-cheese frosting or chocolate sauce as per your liking but I love to have it as it is. Perfect to go with a cup of tea or coffee, it is loved by all. Just like coffee enhances the flavour of chocolate in cakes, cinnamon adds to the flavour of bananas. Walnuts give a good crunch to the cake and it’s utterly moist that melts in mouth. Have I tempted you enough to go for this recipe? If the answer is Yes ! Then what are we waiting for 🙂 Let’s Get Set Go….
Tips and Suggestions:
- Baking time varies from oven to oven. Be cautious after 30 minutes and keep an eye on the batter. Check if it’s done with a toothpick.
- All the ingredients used should be at room temperature.
- Traditionally, the Banana Cake recipe is made using All Purpose Flour(Maida). So use that if you want to make an authentic cake. However, I have used a mix of Aata and APF. You can go either of the ways or go for a complete whole wheat cake.
- Ensure that you use over-ripe or ripe bananas. Riper the banana is, tastier the cake is as it releases more flavour in the cake. Don’t use raw bananas.
- To make it Vegan, I have used oil as the wet ingredient. If you are not a Vegan, you can use Unsalted Butter instead of oil to get a rich flavour.
- Serve plain at room temperature or warm it in microwave for 10-20 seconds.
- You can enjoy it as it is, or with a scoop of vanilla icecream with a drizzle of chocolate sauce and a few nuts on the top.
- Frost it with rich cream-cheese frosting or pour chocolate sauce and relish it.
- Over-ripe bananas 3
- APF(Maida) ¾ Cup
- Whole Wheat Flour(Aata) ¾ Cup
- Sugar ¾ Cup or 1 Cup depending upon the sweetness of bananas.
- Oil/Butter ½ Cup.
- Vanilla Essence 2 tsp(If using Pure Vanilla Extract, then 1tsp).
- Baking Powder(BP) 2 tsp.
- Baking Soda(BS) 1 tsp.
- Cinnamon Powder ¼ tsp.
- Pinch of salt.
- Chopped Walnuts.
Dust and Grease 7.5” Baking Tin. Alternatively you can use a Loaf-Tin as well. Preheat the oven at 180 degree C.
- Take bananas in a bowl and cut them to pieces. Also, coat the chopped walnuts with the flour and keep them aside. This ensures that the walnuts don’t sink to the bottom while baking.
- Add sugar to it. Firstly add ¾ cup. You can add more depending upon the sweetness of your bananas or as per your preference.
- Mash the bananas using hand blender. You can also use a fork to smooth it out. Sugar helps to mash the bananas easily.
- Make a smooth puree of banana with sugar completely dissolved in it.
- Add oil and vanilla essence to it. Smooth it out gently.
- Now sift all the dry ingredients except BP and BS one by one and keep mixing the batter using cut and fold method.
- Blend and combine the dry ingredients with the banana puree. Remember not to over mix the batter as it can result in sunken centre or a chewy and hard cake.
- Once you get a smooth batter, add BP and BS and the flour coated walnuts.
- Incorporate them gently into the batter. The batter will feel fluffy and light.
- Pour the batter in the already greased tin and tap the tin a multiple times to remove air bubbles if any.
- Place the baking tin in the preheated oven at 180 degrees C and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Allow the cake to cool completely and later cut to slices and serve.
You can serve them and store the remaining in an air-tight container. Just microwave it for a few seconds and enjoy it warm.
So this was my take on Banana Walnut Cake. Please let me know if you liked it. Try it for yourself and relish the crunchy moist flavourful cake. Please leave a feedback and tag us on your pictures.
Baking is Happiness Multiplied